The Parenting Cottage is joining together with the March of Dimes and Stork’s Nest to bring about the best outcomes for Lubbock families and assure every pregnancy includes both a healthy mom and healthy babies.
Parents expecting a baby can attend the prenatal education classes held at the Parenting Cottage and if they choose can also earn points to spend at the Stork’s Nest store.
- Pregnancy & Prenatal Care
- Healthy Eating
- Healthy Lifestyle
- Labor & Birth
- Caring for Baby
- Life After Giving Birth
- Legal Rights & Responsibilities of Parents
The parents who have attended the classes give them “rave” reviews stating they learned so much-both first time moms and those who were having their 2nd or 3rd child as each pregnancy is different. They also enjoyed the opportunity to network with other moms who were also expecting.
Prenatal Educational Component:
- Utilization of evidence-based education
- Utilization of March of Dimes educational materials
- Utilization of degreed and certified educators and guest speakers on special topics
- Parents earn points by attending that can be redeemed for baby items at the Stork’s Nest store.
Classes meet on Wednesdays at 11:30 AM at the Parenting Cottage.
Stork’s Nest is a national cooperative effort of Zeta Phi Beta and the March of Dimes. Local efforts are a collaboration of the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center- School of Nursing, March of Dimes and the Parenting Cottage.